Monday, August 30, 2010

Torture by husband and in-laws leaves wife to run from pillar to post!

Sayeed Abdul Wahab Sheikh and Khushboo in happier times on the day of marriage ceremony
Torture by husband and in-laws leaves wife to run from pillar to post!
Cases relating to domestic violence, harassment over dowry, torture by husband and in-laws have become a common affair in today’s living environment. Many innocent married females have to face the music and bear the beastly treatment in a silent and dignified manner. But however, Khushboo a resident of Jawahar Nagar, Golibar, Santacruz is fighting her own battle against alleged torture and harassment from her husband, mother-in-law and brother-in-law. Khushboo got married with Sayeed Abdul Wahab Sheikh in April, 2009 with the consent of both families. In the initial three months after marriage the relationship between the couple and family were very cordial. However, thereafter the relationship started turning sour and today Khushboo is in a state of distress. Running from pillar to post and also haven given interview on TV for justice, Khushboo finally approached this publication along with her mother. While speaking to Santacruz Patrika, the dejected Khushboo narrated her story and said, “Because of the torture of my husband on the instigation of his mother I have been living a miserable life. Since I have only my mother and a college studying sister we are unable to meet the demands of my in-laws.” Adding further she said, “I have been silently bearing the torture and harassment of my husband, mother-in-law and brother-in-law for a long time. I have on several occasions approached the Nirmal Nagar Police Station and also met the Sr Inspector of police and Dy. Commissioner of Police but in vain.” Several NCs have been filed by the police but the beat officer of Nirmal Nagar Police has been very un-cooperative with me and has never paid any heed to my sufferings admitted Khushboo.
“It was about three months ago my husband left for office at Andheri and thereafter never returned back. I also visited his office to trace his whereabouts but I was informed that his services have been terminated. Hence, I have been residing at my mother’s place”, said Khushboo. While speaking to her mother she admitted,” I have received notice from the builder to vacate my chawl as it is going for redevelopment and I requested my daughter to go to her husband and in-laws.” But, to Khushboo’s surprise when she went to her husbands place she found some unknown persons residing. When she enquired it was learnt that her in-laws have rented out the house and Khushboo is left stranded. On enquiry Khushboo informed that her mother-in-law has admitted that since the chawl does not belong to her but her brother’s son Mohammed Rafiq Syed Raisuddin she has handed over the premises and probably he might have leased the chawl. This publication approached Mohammed Rafiq and while speaking to Santacruz Patrika he admitted and said,” Since, Khushboo’s in-laws were poor, out of love and affection I allowed them to reside at my chawl. Since then I have never ever rented the house to anyone and even if presently an unknown family is residing it is without my knowledge and am unaware.” He also categorically denied having rented the house to anyone.
Khushboo also adds that her husband had informed that he has paid the amount to Rafiq and on inquiry with Rafiq he said that since it is Ramzaan, it is unfair to disclose what the right hand has given to the left. So, Khushboo left stranded is seeking to return back to her husband’s home which is her legitimate home.

No comments:

Post a Comment