Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Man robbed of chain and attacked near St Charles Convent


During the past few months chain snatching cases in Vakola and Kalina have been on the rise. Practically, every week an incident of chain snatching is reported, though many go un-reported at Vakola Police station. On 24th evening around 4.30 pm Prabhakar Yeshwant Ghag, 45 years and residing at Krishna Nagar, Vakola was returning home. He was trapped near St. Charles Convent by three unidentified youth and robbed of his 750 gms gold chain which had a diamond stone. While speaking to Santacruz Patrika he admitted, “On my way home I took a short cut in a narrow lane near St Charles Convent when a youth patted me on my shoulder and told that his friend would like to meet me. When I approached him, “he threatened me and accused me of eve teasing his sister. When I insisted that I am an aged man he suddenly grabbed my chain and fled. “Adding further Prabhakar said, “Thereafter I chased the youth and in the meanwhile another youth chased me and attacked me with a sharp instrument on my head.” When Prabhakar noticed that he was bleeding he rushed to hospital and sustained seven stitches on his head. A case has been registered at the Vakola Police station.

No comments:

Post a Comment