Sunday, September 19, 2010

S.V.Airlinks office at Kalina looted

Whoever commits lurking house-trespass by night, or house-breaking by night, in order to the committing of any offence punishable with imprisonment, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, and shall also be liable to fine; and, if the offence intended to be committed is theft, the term of the imprisonment may be extended to fourteen years. Though Section 457 is an offence punishable with imprisonment the number of cases has been raising at alarming pace.
It was about a week ago Salvador Aloysious Saldhana whose office at S.V.Airlinks & Travel Agency at Kalina Salex Centre, Kalina Market also houses another office of Globenet Computer Education Training Centre for the past many years. As usual Saldhana’s office Manager Ajay Dulraj opens it around 7am and closes the office around 10 pm.
Last week it is learnt that S.V.Airlinks office had been broke open in the wee hours of the morning and an amount of Rs 55,000 was stolen from Saldhana’s cabin drawer. While speaking to Santacruz Patrika Saldhana narrated the incident and confirmed, “As usual my office Manager locked the office around 10 pm and left for home. Since he has to report in the morning he as usual came to open the office at 7am. However to his surprise he found the main shutter locks broke and office open. Thereafter he went to my cabin and found my drawer broke open and the cash of Rs 55,000 which I had received from my business client were missing from my locked drawer”. Adding further he stated, “As I received the call from my manager I rushed to office to find my office totally ransacked and Rs 55,000 stolen. Thereafter, I went to the Vakola Police station and lodged a complaint.” “Similarly, also around August last year my office was broke open and looted. Despite lodging a complaint with the Vakola Police station no action has been initiated. It’s more than a year and the outcome of last year’s office breaking has not been resolved and today another “said the dejected Saldhana.
“With the demolition of Kalina beat chowkie and no proper street lights in the area the number of such type of cases are on the rise. Similarly, with no proper police bandobusts this menace seems difficult to be curbed,” concludes Saldhana.

1 comment: